Yes Power Technix specializes in Silicon Carbide (SiC) semiconductor power devices. These next generation semiconductors are more compact than standard silicon devices, and provide a high-temperature, high-frequency, and high-voltage performance. This helps to significantly reduce end-product size.
- High-efficiency inverters in DC/AC converters for solar and wind power
- Power converters for electric and hybrid vehicles
- Power inverters for industrial equipment and air conditioners
- High-voltage switches for X-ray generators
- Thin-film coating processes
The total capacitive charge of SiC diodes is small, reducing switching loss while enabling high-speed switching operation. In addition, unlike silicon-based fast recovery diodes where the trr increases with the temperature, silicon carbide devices maintain constant characteristics, resulting in better performance.
SiC MOSFETs eliminate tail current during switching, resulting in faster operation and reduced switching loss. Their low ON resistance and compact chip size ensure low capacitance and gate charge. SiC exhibits minimal ON-resistance increases and provides greater package miniaturization and energy savings than Si devices, in which the ON resistance can more than double with increased temperature